6.3.13

Inspiration #1

A brief look at work that has been inspiring me lately. All these images can be found on my Tumblr.

Mikkeller Packaging


Mikkeller Packaging by Bedow

Here's a really great example of branding from the Swedish design group Bedow. Its a great example of minimalism, particularly in a market that wouldn't normally employ such a style of design. Bedow have created three sets of labelling so far for Mikkeller, how bring out seasonal beers. The labels are heat sensitive, so that when the label gets warm, the illustration changes, in this case the tree loses its leaves.




http://www.bedow.se


Hayward Gallery Light Show
Light Show, Hayward Gallery

I'm a bit obsessed with colour at the minute, so naturally i'm really interested in an exhibit currently happening at the Hayward Gallery in London. Entitled Light Show, "The exhibition showcases artworks created from the 1960s to the present day, including immersive environments, free-standing light sculptures and projections.From atmospheric installations to intangible sculptures that you can move around and even through, visitors can experience light in all of its spatial and sensory forms. Individual artworks explore different aspects of light such as colour, duration, intensity and projection, as well as perceptual phenomena. They also use light to address architecture, science and film, and do so using a variety of lighting technologies."

http://www.haywardlightshow.co.uk


Darkstar - News From Nowhere

Darkstar - News From Nowhere, Album Cover

This is the album cover from the electronic outfit 'Darkstar', again, the colours were what really stood out to me. The closer you look at it, the more sloppily photoshopped it looks, but the vibrancy, and quirkiness of it caught my attention.



Bespoke E-Shot by Studio Nowwhere
Bespoke Studio E-Shot by Studio Newwork

This work, amongst a couple of others from Studio Newwork was showcased on It's Nice That a few months back, and I still think they're really great examples of contemporary design. The agency featured on their site the grids used to create these E-Shots for a photography studio, Bespoke. I've looked at the grids they've shown, and I can't get my head around them, but they look dead cool and I hope they actually created those grids first and they're not conning us all. I'm sure they didn't...

http://studionewwork.com/process/

http://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/studio-new-work-bespoke


Maddison Graphic

Maddison Graphic Promotional Piece

Maddison Graphic are based in Norwich and produced this simple booklet to show that they'd moved. They're currently one of my favourite little design studios I've come across and I love their current style of work. I thoroughly recommend you look through their portfolio.

http://www.maddisongraphic.com/norwich.php

No comments:

Post a Comment