10.3.12

Subeaze Project



Subeaze was a project pitched to all first years at the end of last year. The idea behind the company was that it was a website which would work like a social network, but specifically for builders and sub contractors, where people would be able to advertise for work and find it. They wanted the logo to contain the full name 'Subeaze.com'.

I struggled with the concept, and I didn't want to include any icons that looked too cliched. I took inspiration from Twitter and Facebook for my final design, which meant that I just focused on the typeface. For colours I used Black and Yellow which are commonly linked with construction. I felt I chose a typeface which related to the building industry well, but which was also appealing and not too overly formal. 

However my design wasn't picked, and judging by the designs that were picked, it appeared that the clients were after an approach which contained an ideogram. Looking back i'm not particularly happy with the design. More attention to detail such as using kerning would have helped improve the logo, and I failed to get a really clear idea which I was happy with and could develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment